13.11.05

So not a postmodernist....!

Finally...someone gets "it"! The question is if an online quiz "gets" that I'm not a postmodernist why won't some folks in my department and at conferences? I'm ignoring the whole modernist morality bit in the brief quiz results write-up...I'll worry about modernity in Book # 2. Funny how writing a dissertation gives you ideas for books 2, 3, and even 4....yes anything to stop thinking about finishing the current project...procrastination on the rocks anyone (read: fellow ABDers)?

FYI: IMHO Foucault was not a postmodernist thus my use of Foucault doesn't translate into po-mo scholarship.

My quiz results: "Whether you harbor some vestige of modernist morality or simply fail to see the irony in Reality TV, one thing is clear. You are just Not Postmodern."



What kind of postmodernist are you!?
brought to you by Quizilla

I'm off...this is pretty much the posting I can manage with a broken elbow...don't ask :-(!!!!

PS: I modified this post because the picture in the original/first one from October 30 was just too much of an eyesore and the thought of it in my cyber-domain was getting to me! A separate post some other time on why I think I'm not a postmodernist - although that will probably be a while from now...dissertating takes top priority (it's my Main Job as my chair puts it and I concur) and musings about postmodernism just won't fit right now...maybe when I'm writing the conclusion....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home